Now accepting students for aromatherapy workshops! Register with the Upper Grand District School Board of Continuing Education
Don’t let all the information out there about essential oils get you down. I know, it can get confusing and overwhelming!
I understand and I am here to help.
If you’ve ever wondered whether you are adding the correct number of drops to your roll-on blend, then LJ Turtle workshops are for you!
I will teach you to use essential oils, both for yourself and your loved, ones safely and effectively, using my tried and tested ‘Build-a-Blend’ process.
Become a blending SuperStar today!
What is the ‘Build-a-Blend’ process?
I take you step-by-step through the wonderful world of aromatherapy
• Read and discern the label
• Safety issues for different age groups and health conditions
• What are appropriate bases to blend your essential oils in
• Blend confidently; learn the math to figure out how many drops to add to a given base
• Keep track of your fantabulous recipes!
Do summertime insects find you delicious? Do you want a safe & healthy alternative to the conventional chemical concoctions commercially available? Then you are in the right place. I will teach you my tried and tested ‘Build-a-Blend’process.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this workshop:
- The bug deterring properties of essential oils and how they are used to deter summer pests
- Learn the basics of blending for passive and active diffusing
- Learn the basics for blending for topical use. I’ll explain what ‘concentration level’ means and why it is important
- Learn my ‘Build-a-Blend’ process and become a blending SuperStar!
- Learn the importance of keeping good notes so you can replicate your recipe in the future
- Make & take a customized ‘bug spray’ tailored for the intended user (e.g. adult, child, dog, etc.)
All supplies included.
Will be offered again in Fall 2019. Check back soon for updates.
Do you have a ‘nice collection’ of essential oils at home, but that’s all it is, a ‘nice collection’ — because you aren’t really sure how to best use them, or how to make better use of them? In other words, you don’t use them for any purpose other then as ‘perfume’ and you don’t use them as much as you’d like, or should! Or maybe you are intrigued by this thing called ‘aromatherapy’ and want to learn more? Well then this is the perfect class for you!
Here is where you get to ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask (and maybe hear some questions that you didn’t know you should be asking about essential oils!). A clinical aromatherapist, certified and trained with the Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists is here to answer and help you explore the multifaceted world of essential oils.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this class:
- Learn to evaluate essential oil quality and what to look for on the label
- Learn about different methods of use (e.g. diffusing, topical use, bath salts, etc. )
- Learn why we don’t ingest essential oils
- Find out why one (1) drop can be enough
- Learn why blending is necessary when using essential oils on your skin
- Learn the basics of blending
There will be a lot of ‘sniff testing’ and a hands-on blending portion to this class.
All supplies included.
Working with Essential Oils: Aromatherapy for Beginners (Course Code: PR – 4871)
Monday, May 13th, 2019
JF Ross CVI – Rm 235
$32.00 + HST