The Versatility of Lavender
Lavender is known to be one of the most versatile essential oils available. First aid uses include using it neat on small scratches or cuts, burns, and insect bites. A soothing essential oil with numerous emotional benefits. Lavender has been used for centuries for everything from calming and relaxing the mind to healing the skin.
1. Calming: Blend a few drops with a carrier oil of your choice (e.g. grapeseed oil) and rub your feet, temples, or wrists for an immediate calming effect on the body.
2. Sleep aid: Use Lavender Hydrosol on your pillows before going to bed to calm your mind and relax your body.
3. Bee stings/Insect bites: Put a drop of pure Lavender oil on a stings or bites to stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. Minor burns: Pouring 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on minor burns can help reduce pain.
5. Minor cuts: Lavender oil can be used on minor cuts to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
6. Hay fever: Add lavender to a nebulizer diffuser to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
7. Stress: Add lavender to a nebulizer diffuser to help soothe & calm wrangled nerves.
8. Menstrual Cramps: Blend with a carrier oil of your choice (e.g. grapeseed oil) and rub your tummy.
9. Headaches: Spritz Lavender hydrosol round your head, to refresh and soothe pain.
10. Muscle Aches: Draw yourself a bath, add Epsom salts and a few drops of Lavender to soothe aches and pains.