True lavender, Lavandula angustifolia, is a shrub with small delicate flowerheads, from the Labiatae plant family. At LJ Turtle, we currently carry 3 types of lavender – the traditional French Lavender, a French Lavandin Grosso, and a South African Lavender.
We have blended French Lavender with Peppermint in a roller-ball applicator for headache & migraine relief. Often simply taking deep inhalations can help with head pains.
Lavender is widely known to have numerous therapeutic uses, for mind, body and spirit. For example:
- mind & spirit – calming, mood lifting
- insomnia and irritability
- asthma (antispasmodic)
- vapour from lavender oils has been shown to kill pneumococcus and haemolytic streptococcus (antiseptic)
- migraines (anti-inflammatory) – see linked article below
- wounds, burns, bug bites, infections, acne (antiseptic, healing, bactericidal)
For more information on migraine relief, CLICK HERE to read the article: Migraine Relief with Lavender Essential Oil – by Jessica Patella, ND.